Flash is a persuasive tool allowing you to stimulate your users senses and provoke a call to action.
By incorporating flash within your website you can take advantage of multimedia on the web. Whether it be a simple animated logo, a multimedia presentation or indeed video, flash facilitates delivery.
Despite this Flash, however, can have its limitations and we'll guide you through your decision on where and how to take advantage of this powerful tool.
In brief, the advantages are:
- design without limitation
- adds sound to a site
- adds video to a site
- clean text facilitating viewing via PDA's and mobile phones
- easier to integrate unusual file formats
However, we're also aware of the disadvantages:
- search engine spiders find flash difficult to crawl
- flash can compromise the accessibility of your site to users with disabilities
- printing data from a flash site can be a challenge
Armed with this knowledge, we have a balanced view of when Flash optimises your site and we're not afraid to advise against it if we feel that it will detract the user from important content or compromise your search engine ranking.
Please sign up to subscribe to new services and special offers.
12-08-2010 Continued Growth of UK Online Retail
Based on a recent survey of 2000 UK shoppers, it looks like it’s not all “doom and...
10-03-2009 Keyphrase Relevance - The Key to Search Engine Marketing
- 41% of search engine users don’t look beyond the first page of results.
- 36% of users...
A section of our site dedicated to our services that add "the human touch" to your website. By stimulating the senses of your users, you're harnessing a powerful and persuasive marketing tool...