This is a new service that we now offer in order to bring your site up to date with the latest in website coding. Many website owners don't realise that their website may be constructed using tables. Tables have their place but the way forward is using CSS to structure your site, the benefits of which are:
- Increase your search engine ranking. By using CSS we get rid of redundant code, that doesn't actually tell the search engines anything about your site's content, and move the most relevant information to the top. Unfortunately, table based sites tend to create a high volume of redundant code.
- Improve site accessibility. Increasingly the pressure is on to provide sites that can be read by screen-reading software so that they are accessible by users with disabilities. Legislation has changed to accommodate this and there is an ever-increasing risk of organisations leaving themselves open to lawsuits. Using CSS, as opposed to a table-driven site, enables a site to be read by such software and brings legal peace of mind.
- Increase download speeds. Harnessing CSS means that your pages will take less time to download. Table-based sites are heavier in terms of coding which takes longer to download. Browsers tend to read and display CSS pages a lot more efficiently than table-based pages. When combined, the use of CSS web pages eliminate user impatience and increase the probability of the user drilling further into your site.
- Printer friendly. When pages are constructed using CSS, a print friendly version can be easily called upon to remove the graphics and print the pertinent information. The information the user gets is then more succinct and a lot quicker to print off and read.
- Reduce bandwidth. By using CSS web pages, the redundant coding is reduced and, consequently, the file sizes. This in turn reduces bandwidth which then enables your site to cope with a higher volume of traffic efficiently.
- Easier site modification. CSS enables us to separate content from design so where files need to be modified across the site, we can change just one CSS file instead of amending each individual page.
Please sign up to subscribe to new services and special offers.
12-08-2010 Continued Growth of UK Online Retail
Based on a recent survey of 2000 UK shoppers, it looks like it’s not all “doom and...
10-03-2009 Keyphrase Relevance - The Key to Search Engine Marketing
- 41% of search engine users don’t look beyond the first page of results.
- 36% of users...
A section of our site dedicated to our services that add "the human touch" to your website. By stimulating the senses of your users, you're harnessing a powerful and persuasive marketing tool...